10 best place to visit in the Netherworlds
Most people know the Dutch for their flowers and their windmills. But did you know the Dutch also have endless amazing beaches on their northern islands? And that their forests are one of a kind? This colourful photo series contains a lot of images that show the beauty of my country. The flowers, the windmills, the architecture, our beaches and even our night skies. Granted, our country often looks rather grey and dull. We like to think we have rainy weather all year. If you ask any Dutch person how the weather is in our country, you will mostly get a negative answer. Thus, it will come as a surprise to lots when they see these colourful images. In fact, the Netherlands is not always rainy! I like to use opportunities of good weather to go out, enjoy the nature, enjoy the cities, and take beautiful photos.
For tourists that want to see the flowers I recommend coming at the end of April-beginning of May. That way you get the best chance of seeing the beautiful flower fields in full bloom. Do not only go to the ‘Keukenhof’. The Keukenhof is very nice, but it will also be the flower fields along the roads that will blow your mind (and nose, the smell is amazing!). Another cool thing to see would be the islands up north, called Texel and Terschelling for example. These are generally less known to tourists, but they have amazing totally ‘not Dutch’ nature!
Endless amazing beaches on their northern islands? Why didn't I know this?! I just did a search for Texel and Terschelling and they look great - just the place I'd like to visit. What kind of temperatures are we talking about? Are there months when it's sunny and nice? Is the beginning of May a good time or are there other times more appropriate?
Top 22 Places To Visit In Netherlands
This list of the best places to visit in Netherlands is all you need for your trip to the this beautiful European that caters to every kind of explorer – the hopeless romantic, the photography fanatic, the history buff, and the nature lover!
- Amsterdam: A Beautiful City
- Delft: Celebrate The Artwork
- Rotterdam: Perfect Blend Of History & Culture
- The Hague: For A Vibrant Nightlife
- Maastricht: With A Medieval-Era Architecture
- Edam: A Tourist’s Personal Favorite
- Eindhoven: Explore The Museums
- Leiden: For A Scenic Experience
- Utrecht: Explore The Incredible Architecture
- Giethoorn: For Super Scenic Waterways
- Leeuwarden: Your Offbeat Destination
- Haarlem: A Medieval City
- Groningen: Experience The Splendid Canals
- Middelburg: An Old Town In Netherlands
- Volendam: Of The Most Charming Places
- Kinderdijk: Discover The Rural Village
- Thorn: A Picture-Perfect Destination
- Alkmaar: Know More About Dutch Architecture
- Breda: A Place With A History
- Gouda: Famous For Its World-Class Cheese
- Arnhem: An Old Settlement
- Texel: Dive Into The Culture