5 Users
6 Likes
Bobby69
Admin
Topic starter
(@bobby69)
Estimable Member
49B59C41 720E 40EE 8DF9 D83F0703348E

It may sound simple but here are a few things a lot of people don’t pay enough attention to when traveling to a different country. Being in a new environment , especially females traveling alone, should always be aware of their surroundings. For example, taking drinks from a stranger or drinking too much at a bar may lead to dangerous situations.

Other general ideas may be checking your seat when leaving any place to make sure you haven’t left anything (try to consolidate when carrying multiple bags).
Make sure to keep your passports, laptops or any other items like this somewhere safe people won’t/can’t reach.
Don’t show large amounts of cash in unsecured areas like isolated or dimly lit locations, especially at night.

Try to blend in with locals by dressing appropriately. This will also make you less of a target for those looking for obvious tourists.
Also try to not mock cultures when sight seeing as it may offend the people who live there.
Be safe and don’t forget to have fun!
Feel free to add your own do’s and don’ts to this list 🙂

5 Replies
Blake
(@blake)

It’s not simple at all tbh, these are some really good pointers. 

abby
 abby
(@abby)
Prominent Member

Thanks this actually helped me out 

1 Reply
Bobby69
Admin
(@bobby69)

Estimable Member

@abby you are welcome 😉

Lionel
(@lionel)
Trusted Member

I am leaving on a trip tomorrow and this was a good last minute reminder of some things I should consider!

8e9e05f97508665db66292158eba717d?s=80&d=wavatar&r=g
 Leon
(@Leon)

I wrap my laptop up in towels since my luggage is fabric and I dont want it breaking against something. 

I also have a bright colored passport holder so I always find it easily since my carry on is usually filled with miscellaneous travel items.

I try to keep most of my money electronic but I keep extra cash around for tipping people when I travel like the taxi driver or the tour guide.

Just a few add-ons to what was already listed above 😊 

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved