[Sticky] Forum Rules
1. No Spam / Advertising / Self-promote in the forums
These forums define spam as unsolicited advertisement for goods, services and/or other web sites, or posts with little, or completely unrelated content. Do not spam the forums with links to your site or product, or try to self-promote your website, business or forums etc.
Spamming also includes sending private messages to a large number of different users.
2. Do not post copyright-infringing material
Providing or asking for information on how to illegally obtain copyrighted materials is forbidden.
3. Do not post “offensive” posts, links or images
Any material which constitutes defamation, harassment, or abuse is strictly prohibited. Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene, racist, or otherwise overly discriminatory is not permitted on these forums. This includes user pictures. Use common sense while posting.
This is a web site for accountancy professionals.
4. Do not cross post questions
Please refrain from posting the same question in several forums. There is normally one forum which is most suitable in which to post your question.
5. Do not PM users asking for help
Do not send private messages to any users asking for help. If you need help, make a new thread in the appropriate forum then the whole community can help and benefit.
6. Remain respectful of other members at all times
All posts should be professional and courteous. You have every right to disagree with your fellow community members and explain your perspective.
However, you are not free to attack, degrade, insult, or otherwise belittle them or the quality of this community. It does not matter what title or power you hold in these forums, you are expected to obey this rule.
In Order To Apply To Be A Moderator You Must be:
- a forum regular user
- have been at the forum for over 3 months
- have a positive presence on OpenTuition Forums
- be proactive
- knowledgeable in the Forums they would like to moderate.
- polite and helpful towards other members and give advice whenever needed and whenever possible.
- visit the forum each day, actively take part in discussions as often as possible, ideally once a day, setting a good example to the other members.
- take an active part in discussions between Moderators relating to the running of the forum.
- help to keep unsuitable content out of the forums as much as possible.