11 Posts
5 Users
4 Likes
Bobby69
Admin
Topic starter
(@bobby69)
Estimable Member

What is the best travel credit card, that will give me good travel miles per ever $1 I spend.

10 Replies
Savieno
Admin
(@admin)
Prominent Member

The best travel credit cards of February 2022

source:(thepointsguy)ByMadison Blancaflor and Stella Shon•Editor Juan Ruiz

Now’s the time to open a travel credit card to take advantage of all the perks and benefits. Here are the best travel credit cards from our partners.

BEST FOR TOTAL VALUE

Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card

4.5/5

• 5x5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
  • 3x3x on dining.
  • 2x2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
60,000 points

$95

WHY WE CHOSE IT

The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card is one of the most popular travel rewards credit card on the market. Offering an excellent return on travel and dining purchases, the card packs a ton of value that easily offsets its $95 annual fee. Cardholders can redeem points at 1.25 cents each for travel booked through Chase or transfer points to one of Chase’s 14 valuable airline and hotel partners. Read our full review of the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card.

PROS

• You’ll earn 5 points per dollar on travel purchased through Chase Travel, 3 points per dollar on dining, select streaming services and online grocery store purchases, 2 points per dollar on all other travel and 1 point per dollar on everything else. 

• Annual $50 hotel statement credit when booked through Ultimate Rewards
  • Premium travel protection benefits including trip cancellation insurance, primary car rental insurance and lost luggage insurance.

CONS

• The card comes with a $95 annual fee.

BEST NEW PREMIUM TRAVEL CREDIT CARD

Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card

4.5/5

• 10XEarn unlimited 10X miles on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel and 5X miles on flights booked through Capital One Travel.
  • 2XEarn unlimited 2X miles on all other purchases
100,000 miles

$395

WHY WE CHOSE IT

If you can maximize the up to $300 statement credit toward Capital One Travel, the Venture X’s annual fee effectively comes down to $95, the same annual fee pegged to the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card. Add in a 10,000-mile bonus every account anniversary (worth $185, according to TPG valuations) and lounge access, and the card may become the strongest option out there for a lot of travelers. Read our full review of the Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card.

PROS

• For a limited time, receive up to $200 in statement credits for vacation rental purchases like Airbnb and Vrbo charged within the first year
  • 100,000 bonus miles after spending $10,000 on purchases in the first six months
  • 10,000 bonus miles every account anniversary

CONS

• $395 annual fee
  • Up to $300 back in statement credit annually only applicable for bookings made through Capital One Travel portal

NEW PLATINUM EXCLUSIVE OFFER

The Platinum Card® from American Express

4.5/5

• 5XEarn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
  • 5XEarn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
100,000 points

$695

WHY WE CHOSE IT

The Amex Platinum is unmatched when it comes to travel perks and benefits. If lounge access, hotel elite status and annual statement credits are important to you, this card is well worth the high annual fee. Read our full review of the Platinum Card from American Express.

PROS

• The current welcome offer on this card is quite lucrative. TPG values it at $2,000.
  • This card comes with a long list of benefits, including access to Centurion Lounges, complimentary elite status with Hilton and Marriott, and more than $1,400 in assorted annual statement credits and so much more. (enrollment required)
  • The Amex Platinum comes with access to a premium concierge service that can help you with everything from booking hard-to-get reservations to finding destination guides to help you plan out your next getaway.

CONS

• The $695 annual fee is only worth it if you’re taking full advantage of the card’s benefits. Seldom travelers may not get enough value to warrant the cost.
  • Outside of the current welcome bonus, you’re only earning bonus rewards on specific airfare and hotel purchases, so it’s not a great card for other spending categories.
  • The annual airline fee credit and other monthly statement credits can be complicated to take advantage of compared to the broader travel credits offered by competing premium cards.

Lionel
(@lionel)
Trusted Member

earning points on my card with my purchases is important to me.

When traveling, I give my bank a heads up! or they will shoot me a text at an odd purchase and I confirm through there. 

abby
 abby
(@abby)
Prominent Member

The best travel credit cards help cardholders earn free flights, hotel stays and other travel accommodations with every purchase made. Known for big initial bonuses and rich ongoing rewards, the best travel rewards credit cards can easily save the average person more than $1,000 over the first two years of use.

675ef0800167546f955b077bee59e47e?s=80&d=wavatar&r=g
(@Kelly)

The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card is hands down the best travel rewards credit card to use abroad due to its mileage rewards and travel insurance benefits. As a new cardholder, you can earn a one-time bonus miles reward when you meet the spending threshold and continue to earn unlimited miles with every purchase.

Rewards can be redeemed for any travel purchase, including hotels, airline tickets, vacation rental, and car services.

Page 1 / 3

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved